16 October 2008

Dear House, I love you!

I got to play in my house today! Well, really I got to go observe the electrical inspection, but since we talk about it all the time, and never get to be in it, it was so much fun! Going through all the rooms again was really different, there's a totally different mindset when you know it's gonna be yours, instead of just looking to see if it someday could be. The owner was there, and he's a really nice guy, but it was weird to talk about all the changes (upgrades!) we wanted to make. He asked me what we wanted to do, and I didn't want to seem too excited about changing things. "Well Mr Seller, we love your house, but we're gonna paint it and put in a new door here and take those silly baseboard heaters out, blah blah blah." I didn't want to offend him, because the house is lovely and completely liveable the way it is, I just can't wait to make it even better! But he liked the things I mentioned, so that was good.

Now comes the hard part, picking paint colors and WAITING!!!! 3 weeks seems like such a long time!!!

1 comment:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

That would definitely be a little awkward to talk about changes you want to make to the house with the seller right there. At least he didn't seem bothered by it.
And the three weeks will go by fast - or at least it would for me, just looking at my calendar! But you've got Halloween coming up and Duck games, etc.
Good luck picking paint colors. As I'm sure you remember, my family is a WHITE WALL only family. Sean is not and I'm glad! I definitely look forward to painting once we have our own place. I tried to get permission to paint in Ethan's room. I even offered to paint over it when we move, but they still wouldn't go for it. One of the downers to renting. :)