09 February 2009

Week 6


Week 6 definitely didn't go as planned, but it was good in its own right. I was supposed to have a 12 mile run, followed immediately by a 3 hour drive to Medford. Run + car - time to stretch = Stephanie hobbling around like a crazy person. I was NOT looking forward to it. Turns out, it wasn't an issue. My running partner sent me a text around 5 that morning letting me know she couldn't make it, and I wasn't going to head out at 6 in the morning to go run 12 miles through a park full of questionable people by myself in the dark. No thanks. Instead I ended up meeting up with the rest of the training group (Theresa and I start earlier since everyone is faster) and doing the 6 mile run with some girls doing the half marathon. It was a really great run, we did some good strides (sprint) workouts, and I got to know them better. AND I was totally fine to go sit in the car without my muscles seizing. Hoorah! All in all, a good training day!
Tomorrow I start my goal of training twice a day, one small run in the mornings and then a regular training run after work. Hopefully that'll help me get a few more miles in during the week.

13 miles this weekend... Happy Valentine's Day to me?

1 comment:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Ugh.
All of that running.
Are you sure about that?
Are you ok in the head?
If the answer to both was "yes"...
Well, then props to you.
But, still...
Ugh.