09 February 2009

Weekend Goodness

This visit actually happened a week and a half ago, but I've been busy and am just now getting around to posting. Our super fancy friends the Kalista's came up from Medford to hang out, see a play, and plan our Boston/NYC trip we're taking this fall :) Yay!! We love Grandy (yep, Grace + Randy... they're THAT fancy. Hollywood fancy.) and we always have a rockin good time.


Our evening started out with the play, Around the World in Eighty Days, starring Sean's friend Steve-o. It was at the UO, and it was fabulous! Then off to Bel Ami for drinks and dessert, and home to indulge in this:

This. Game. Is. Awesome. Loved it! It's all about strategy and building cities and gaining land, and we played until 3 in the morning. I'm jealous that they get to own it. Good thing we know them!

The next day we headed to The Vintage for some delicious crepes. Their variety of crepes is REALLY impressive, and they're huge.

I like how they write the name of your crepe in sour cream on the top :)

Unfortunately, our good times breakfast resulted in this:
Behold, Grace and her very first parking ticket. Oops. not sure how 4 of us missed that meter, but we felt really bad. Sorry Grace.

Frowns turned to smiles though as Grace and I began planning!!!!!!!! We're both huge planners and a week's worth of vacation gives plenty to plan about! We set up the laptops, got out our spreadsheets, and away we went!!

it's not the most flattering of pictures.... :)

Schedules were made, rooms were booked, prices were checked, and our trip is going to be AWESOME. Sadly, they had to leave shortly after we were done, but we had a great weekend and can't wait till we see them again in April, if not before!

We love you guys!

4 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Fun, fun! I'm so jealous of all of the traveling you have done and are doing. I want to go to the east coast!!
[[Sigh]] Someday... :)

Karis said...

So I said something all cute and sweet this morning about being happy we're friends n' stuff, but the computer ate it, obviously. And now I'm kinda pissed because Randy just mooshed my face in Carcassonne. Grrr.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I want some crepes sooo bad, now!

Chad and Jessica said...

Steph, where is your week 7 training blog? Hello, I'm addicted to following it....seriously....I have been looking forward to it....yes, i'm a dork....but I just LOVE reading about it! I can't wait any longer! 'Course, I'm a hypocrite cuz I don't post nearly as often as you....so....take whatever time you need....I suppose. : )