11 November 2008

Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day. It's my husband's day, and the day for many more of you out there, those of you who have served, and those of you who are still serving.



I can't begin to describe how proud I am of Sean. Duty and honor are a huge part of who he is, and his commitment to his country is both inspiring and humbling. After everything he has been through: the deployment, the stop-loss, and then his injuries from an IED exposion, he still wants to be out there, fighting the fight and serving his country. I am proud of his patriotism, and am grateful that he will pass that on to our children someday.


I want to say Thank You to him, and to the rest of our troops, who do what they do so that others don't have to. Especially in my thoughts are our 10th mountain friends: Jakey Hayes, Dan Steciak, Brandon and Tara Schneider, Eric Carr, and all the rest of you guys who are getting ready to go again soon. We love you and we miss you.

Lastly, because it is my husband's day, and it will make him smile, I give you Sean, gunner extraordinaire :


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Veteran's Day Sean!!!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Thank you, thank you to Sean and all the others who have served our country.
Happy Veteran's Day!