27 November 2008

A Nack Thanksgiving

This year, with it being our first Thanksgiving in the new house, I wanted to go all out and make Thanksgiving dinner. Sean's not a huge fan of turkey, and I hadn't used the new stove yet, but we decided we were gonna go for it!

Tada! Thanksgiving Dinner!

I used a brine recipe I got from my boss, the turkey was delicious, and so easy to do! It was small, perfect for just Sean and I (and our ghost, but that's another post....). Add some stuffing, mashed potatoes (which were terrible), corn, and rolls, and we had a small but wonderful dinner together.


Our meal was finished off with some delicious pies (thanks Dad and Becky!), and my parents, Jace Face, and my aunt and uncle came over. Good times!

All in all, our Thanksgiving experiment turned out really well, but we've decided from here on out, since Sean still isn't a turkey lover (though he did say it was the best he's had), we will be having Thanksgiving Tacos. Or steaks. Probably Tacos :) We also want to start a Nack family tradition of going somewhere to help volunteer on Thanksgiving Day. Excellent idea babe!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I feel so blessed to have been able to spend today with Sean and my family. It has been a crazy year, but I have so much to be thankful for and they mean the world to me!

And now, without further ado, CHRISTMAS!!! :) Hoorah!

2 comments:

Nells said...

I'm glad you had a great thanksgiving.......can I hear more about the ghost :) exciting

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

I'm impressed that you cooked a turkey - that's one I have yet to try. There's always someone else willing to do it for family gatherings and I'm more than happy to help with the sides! Though this year I tried my hand at homemade rolls. Yeah, not so much. Family recipe that someone left out a crucial step - let the dough rise again once the rolls are in the pan. Nice! Needless to say, the rolls were good but very dense!!