02 January 2009

2008: A restrospective....

Oh what a year, 2008.....

As I look back on the previous year, so many things happened. Fun, little things, and bigger, monumental things.

We got married:


and finally got to begin the life we've talked about for so long. It seems weird being a newlywed to someone I've known for almost a decade, but I love every minute of it. He's an amazing husband, and I'm VERY lucky!

I also turned

This was a big one. Add it to everything else that happened this year, and 25 was a turning point. I've always felt older, always had a lot of responsibilies, but now things I never cared about as much seem to matter more. Things like cooking, and exercise, decorating and classy, timeless things. Wanting to be a better wife, a good friend, daughter, and woman. I owe a lot of these things to these two ladies:

cjanerun



I came across these blogs on the blog of a friend of mine, and they have changed my life. CJane and Nie Nie are classy, loving, amazing women, who share their lives with the world, and give so much, without realizing it. Nie Nie and her husband were in a terrible plane crash back in August, and while following their recovery I have gained two tremendous role models. While we will probably never meet, I owe so much to them. I hope this new year brings them all of the goodness that they deserve, and all of the happiness that viewing thier lives has brough me. For amazing inspiration, and a whole lot of laughs, read their blogs. It will change you, for the better.


In November, we saw another type of change.


Barack Obama was elected president, and we were thrilled. We spent a large portion of the year watching Obama, learning about him, going to see him (twice!), and hoping for the type of change that he says he we will bring. If he can do what he says he wants to do, this country will become a much better place, and I'm very excited to see it.


To top off our year of growing, learning, and loving, we bought this lovely place:


With all the excitement the house has given us (yay homeowners!), and the challenges (we're haunted! and our plumbing doesn't work!), this is likely to be our biggest adventure yet!

So here's to a happy 2009, may it be filled with new experiences, friends, places, and stories!

No comments: