25 January 2009

Week 4

It is Week 4, right? This week was long, and hard, and the days all seem to blur together... I had a really bad week of training (read: none, 10 hour work days and being sick will do that to you), and boy did it show yesterday. Theresa and I both played the "should I pretend I slept through my alarm?" game, but toughed it out and showed up, dark and early at 630. That was the high point of our morning (that and my fantastic new shoes). She had an abundance of knee pain, I just felt groggy and sluggish, and the course was one of our least favorites. We made it through just under 6 miles, it took forever, and there was very little actual running done. Gross.
On the up side, I know everyone has bad days (weeks?), and it just makes me want to train harder this week. About 5 miles into our misery yesterday I decided I am definitely going to register to run the Full Marathon. I've been debating it, and been running more of a half marathon training schedule, but somewhere in the awfulness of yesterday I decided I could do it. Not sure where THAT inspiration came from, but none the less, next week I will write a $75 dollar check, and become Stephanie Nack, Full Marathon participant. Gross. But awesome :)

1 comment:

Cranky said...

Do it. Do it. Do it!!! You can always back out at the 13.1 mile point if you need to, but you most likely won't. And don't worry about those bad days. It's a process, remember? You'll get there :) Have you read the Non Runners Marathon Guide for Women by Dawn Dais. Funny and inspiring, in a Cranky sort of way! :)