31 January 2009

Week 5


For those of you who are wondering how Week 5 went, it didn't. Steph = sick. Boo. I'm not very good at being sick, or taking the time to really rest and allow myself to get over something. So I've been trying to still run in the freezing temperatures, while working and doing all my regular stuff, none of which is conducive to GETTING BETTER.
Now, I'm not gonna lie, having Grace and Randy in town (pics to come!) was a helpful catalyst in the decision to stay home, but really, it's probably what I needed. A day to lounge around, stay warm, rest, sleep (unless we're playing Carcassone till 3 in the morning!) and recharge my batteries, so I can hit the pavement fresh and ready to go on Monday. And honestly, I've felt like garbage all day today, so I don't even feel guilty. Maybe I should, but my alternating chills and fever are talking me out of it.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hey! Props to you for training! I really actually hate running...and I will never be able to train myself for something like a marathon...but I encourage all of those that want to! :) And sometimes you just need a week off to recover! Good luck! :)