18 January 2009

Look at the fun we had!

Here are some highlights of our fantastic weekend in Portland:


This guy:
We saw him on our way up I-5. Don't worry dude, if I was on a road trip, and could only pack one thing, I'd bring Scrabble too :)


The Hotel DeLuxe:
Located downtown, it was beautiful, with old Hollywood glamor, beautiful decor, and THE most comfortable beds ever! Like a cloud!!!


Getting ready for dinner and Movin Out:


Dinner at Rock Bottom:
A Portland tradition, it's our favorite!


The spoils from a trip to Powell's:
Yep, that's 14 books between us. INSANE, we know. We're ridiculous in that store. But don't worry Mom, I'm reading my Christmas books first. As soon as this post is over, Bob Welch and I have a date on the couch :)

The only thing I couldn't get a picture of was the sales guy at the record store across from Powell's. If his life goal isn't "be a highly paid Napoleon Dynamite impersonator," he should seriously consider it. It was AWESOME, but I didn't feel right blatantly taking his picture.... ah, the missed opportunities...

5 comments:

Karis said...

Yay for books! I can probably easily guess whose books are whose. :)
My commentary:
I think P&P has to be one of my favorite books, especially if you've seen the A&E version, I practically grew up on that series!
I only remember Le Morte D'Arthur from high school, but it was significantly shorter in my memory, probably because it was an excerpt!
The Alchemist is on my shelf here, and I really enjoyed it. As a plot-driven type of reader, it was a wonderful change of pace with beautiful writing, it reminded me of Saint-Exupery's Wind, Sand and Stars.
I think I have that John Adams book on my shelves as well, though I haven't read it. It was a gift from my boss for our wedding (as we asked for favorite books). I've only heard good things, but pure history can be tough for me sometimes.
I never knew Tom Clancy wrote nonfiction, I love his early books, though Randy didn't seem to get into them as well.
Too long of a comment! But I'm excited for your bounty!

Cranky said...

Sounds like a perfect evening. I love Rock Bottom, and there is nothing better than lugging home a stack of books!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Wow, that is an impressive stack of books you bought there! Sean has read Wicked - he says it's nothing like the musical, but still enjoyable.
What a fun weekend, though! We don't spend much time in P-town, but your weekend adventures there always make me think we should visit more. And the bed in your hotel room looks super comfy!

Anonymous said...

Portland looks like a successful trip! I love and miss Powells! Impressive stack of books. There's a website you can catalog all your books on http://www.librarything.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm currently reading Wicked, it's pretty... interestting. Nah, it's cool to hear the other side of the story though. Fun weekend and I love Scrabble guy!