10 January 2009

Week 2


Our week 2 training session went a lot better this week (though the thought of "You paid for this, you have to go" was the only thing that got me out of bed and into the sub freezing morning). We started off intending to run intervals (run x number of minutes, walk y number of minutes, repeat) and though there was more walking than we would have liked, there was less walking than last week and we were able to add another mile. Hoorah!
The best thing about it is that I don't feel like I want to die this week, which is a DEFINITE plus. I'm only a little sore, and have felt pretty energized throughout the day. In fact, I kinda wish I hadn't taken that nap I just woke up from, I'm afraid I'll be sluggish from here on out.
I was pretty good about keeping to my training schedule last week, I ran two days and cross trained one, not counting today. There should have been another running day, but like everything else, that got side tracked by our broken plumbing (more on that later). This week should be good, so I'm really hopeful about next week's run!

All in all, it's a great day to be a runner! Thanks Jill :)

No comments: